AI community meeting
On December 16, 2022, the UAI X-Mas Special, organized by STATION HQ, statworx and AI Frankfurt Rhein-Main e.V., took place at Bethmann Villa in Frankfurt am Main. Under the motto “AI Winter Wonderland”, more than 200 guests from Frankfurt and Rhein-Main, New York, Tel-Aviv and Singapore came together to relax in a wintry atmosphere with festive decorations, mulled wine and even a crêpe robot, and to exchange ideas and network on the topic of artificial intelligence.
UAI has become an integral part of the Frankfurt AI scene in a short time. With the successful UAI Start-up Day at the Museum für Kommunikation in Frankfurt and the spectacular UAI Talent Night, the organizers Station and statworx quickly made a name for themselves in the local scene. The FAZ and Rhein-Main TV also reported on the events.
→ Topics of the evening
The UAI X-Mas Special was again all about AI. In addition to the festive activities, there were also some important agenda items to discuss:
- Seven AI startups presented their solutions to a jury consisting of AI experts from Google, Levi Strauss & Co. and AI Garage, among others.
- The AI Hub Frankfurt was officially unveiled, an initiative of statworx and AI Frankfurt Rhein-Main e.V. that brings together companies, startups, investors and talents in the Rhein-Main area to promote the spread and application of AI in the region.
- Talks from Miele, Crytek and the Hessian University of Public Management and Security highlighted the many ways AI can be used in different industries.
- There was also a Women in AI roundtable, where four female AI experts shared insights into their day-to-day work.
→ Highlight: AI Hub Frankfurt
The highlight of the evening was the long-awaited announcement of the AI Hub Frankfurt. Together with partners from business and industry, the AI Hub program for 2023 was presented:
- AI Launchpad program: development of AI prototypes for companies, together with Microsoft.
- AI Start-up Program: supporting AI startups with workshops, cloud credits and networking, together with Google.
- AI Assessment: Workshops and consulting for companies with regard to the upcoming EU AI Act, together with TÜV Süd.
- AI Upskilling: further education and training of employees for companies, together with the AI Federal Association.
- AI Infrastructure: Support for the establishment of a high-performance AI data center, together with AI Frankfurt Rhein-Main e.V.
- AI Financing: Establishment of financing services for start-ups and companies in the AI field, together with AI Frankfurt Rhein-Main.
The old Bethmann Bank premises were the ideal location for the Christmas atmosphere of the event. With atmospheric light installations, a band, mulled wine and crêpes made by a robot, guests were once again presented with an interesting setting that was deliberately designed to differ from familiar formats.
The UAI X-Mas Special was a successful farewell for us into the winter break. Now we are looking forward to 2023 in the AI Hub Frankfurt, together with old and new partners like Google, Microsoft, TÜV SÜD and the AI Bundesverband. We are just getting started 🚀