On April 27, 2023, the “Generative AI Night” organized by AI Hub Frankfurt, Google and AI Founders took place. Almost 100 guests, including numerous startups, investors, corporates and experts from the Frankfurt and Rhine-Main region were present!
The Generative AI Night was another “microevent”, an event format where we invite targeted guests to specific topics and network with each other. In this way, we ensure a high level of professional relevance and an exchange at eye level between the participants.
→ Topics of the evening
After opening the event, Dr. Michael Menzel gave an overview of what Google is up to in Generative AI, with some cool sneak peeks 😜
This was followed by 3 pitches from GenAI startups that we invited from our network:
– PHONT: AI-generated immersive subtitles for movies 🎥
– to teach: individual, AI-generated learning content 📖
– creaition: AI-generated design inspiration 👩🎨
→ Highlight: Panel Discussion
The highlight of the evening was the panel discussion together with Dr. Michael Menzel from Google, Sascha Urban from Blinkist, Tristan Post from AI Founders by Campus Founders and Jan Westerhues from Robert Bosch Venture Capital GmbH, of course also on the topic of “Generative AI”. Key Takeaways:
- Generative AI is spawning a whole new generation of AI startups that need to focus on benefits, not technology
- The defensibility of most GenAI startups is often difficult because they do not develop the core technology themselves
- UI & UX can make an important difference in increasingly comparable AI products and services
- and and and…a really highly interesting dicussion!
For the location of the event we again chose the rooftop floor of the company portagon. In sunny weather, there was first a champagne reception on the great roof terrace skyline view included 🌆☀️🍾🚀😎
The Generative AI Night was a great success! This event has once again shown the AI potential in our region. I am maximally motivated to continue working on putting Frankfurt and the Rhine-Main area on the German AI map 💪